Friday, September 24, 2010

3 ways to make party punch more interesting and fun

Most adults will agree that the school dance without punch just wasn't a dance at all. And thanks to Angie Sanders, the coolest senior in High School, I learned that punch was way more interesting and fun with booze! But between you, me, and the fencepost, I'll never admit that to my mother because according to my bent truth, I didn't start drinking the magic juice until my early twenties. ( but I swear that woman has eyes in the back of her head and she knows more then she's saying!) 


 Fast forward to now and most adults still like punch but eventually the day comes when punch just isn't enjoyable and we forget to make it. In this A.D.D generation of the 'grass is always greener elsewhere' we crave variety. I personally crave all things easy and find my thoughts wandering to an easier time of school dances, endearing crushes on boys like David Thompson and fruity punch.  As we approach this fall season amidst record breaking highs, punch not only seems appropriate, but refreshing and fun!


AB HOME'S Adult Party Punch
1 C Sugar
1 C Water
4 C Orange Juice
1C Lemon juice
1 C strong tea
6 Sprite zeros
As much vodka as you need 
(I recommend generous amounts)



1) Tip number one- Roll lemons or limes on a hard surface with the heel of your hand before cutting. This softens the fruit from the protective wall, and makes squeezing fresh juice much easier.


2) Tip two-For this holiday season, make punch more fun by hollowing out a pumpkin and using it as a punch bowl for Halloween. Serve up in mason jars filled with a few slices of fruit for extra flavor


3) Tip 3-Soak apricots,  fresh or frozen in Vodka for three to four weeks and store in the fridge in a sealed mason jar. The day of the party put flavored fruit into the pumpkin with punch and let sit for an hour before you serve. Use remainder of vodka (as much as you need) to flavor punch.


Boil sugar and water together for approximately ten minutes. Add tea and chill. When you are ready to serve punch mix everything together and pour into the pumpkin with ice. For extra amusement, you can also float strawberries, cherries, lemon and orange slices on top for decoration;  in my opinion this makes the punch a nutritious and a well balanced meal!


Gulp  Drink up!


Don't forget to follow us on twitter!

And become a FAN on our AB HOME facebook fanpage!

6 comments:

  1. HA! "As much as you need", that's funny. The rest of the content is a definite copy and print for me right now! Love the tips, thank you :) XO, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I LIKE those guidelines! Sounds wonderful. Will have to try it a few times before I serve it to guests.
    Have a nice day, Amanda.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yumminess!! This looks 5 gajillion times better than that Hawaiian "Punch" canned stuff we sometimes got (no amount of booze-spiking made any difference :)) - hmmm, I'm conspiring already to see when I can serve this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your punch will pack some erm, punch

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are cracking me up! Between this and uses for Vodka I am set for my weekend! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny, AB. That punch sounds pretty yummy! I like to make a little Sangria, myself. Not too different - just some wine (red or white), OJ, fruit slices and brandy (as much as you need works here, too!!)
    Happy Monday!
    Oh - and the Designer Challenge project is all ready to go. Can't wait to see what everyone came up with!

    ReplyDelete