Friday, June 18, 2010

July Market Atlanta, 2010 with Amanda Burdge

Every Winter and Summer I make my way down to Atlanta, to visit Market. Those of you who are faithful followers ( Pssst....I adore you!), have seen me post about this so-called "market". Well as an industry designer for over 12 years, it never occurred to me that the layman has absolutely no clue what this is! Until I emailed Dayka Robinson over at Meditations on Life and style and asked her if she would like to accompany me.

"I keep hearing about this! Is that the gift/home market at the americas mart?  how is it??  I'm trying to figure out a way to get in this year!  let me know what (if anything) i need to know about this."




Dayka and I have exchanged several emails over the past few months, primarily because I'm stalking her about Atlanta, and all the great things the city has to offer.  I always go to Atlanta for business, and am enamored with Atlanta's southern charm and glamour. But I am always the outsider looking in, getting in the way on the road, driving too slow and getting all sorts of lost,  frustrating the local city dwellers. Boy can those locals get rowdy!

So this year I thought I would reach out to Dayka, bright eyed and bushy tailed, to convince her that I would now be her best gal July 15th-18th. We did a little horse trading, teeth pulling, and hard negotiating but we came up with a very fair swap. She shows me Atlanta, and I show her Market. Well, I feel like I have a V.I.P. access card to the coolest club in town, with the coolest kid on the block. I cannot wait!



I think she will adore Market. One after another, like an indoor market place, vendors are lined up trying to persuade the buyers that their product is the best, and that they have something no one else does. Of course everyone knocks everyone else off, so that is not entirely true! But more than ever, I am excited to go this year. Her fresh faced enthusiasm to see this for the first time will be thrilling. And I of course will feel like a kid in a candy store (we all know how much I LOVE candy) given access to my favorite city.

Don't forget to follow us on twitter!





And become a FAN on our AB HOME facebook fanpage! 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun, Amanda! I'd love to know Dayka's take on market, too {maybe she'll do a post about it?}. I've never been myself, but I've "heard" lots of different things ~ what kind of shoes to wear, how to plan {or not plan} your day, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go as well sometime!! Amanda, I know comfy shoes for sure are needed!

    Designer Giveaway on my site!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will both have a blast. The traffic around Atlanta is just plain scary...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha I just had to explain market to a friend who moved here (Atlanta) from Ohio. Doesn't everybody know? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww, am i really the coolest kid on the block?? i am so excited to hang with you in a few weeks and hope you love the city like i do! i'm a foodie, too, so i'm going to try to stuff you. bring an empty stomach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda: Yes! I go to the Mart twice a year also... I am wondering if you want to get together this July? Just to catch a glimpse of each other would be fun: I've met some other blogging friends and it's great!
    I'll only be there for one night, July 16-17. I'm definitely going to Eddie Ross's talk on Sat. at 1. Want to get together for a bite before that?
    P.S. I am a huge fan of your blog! Keep meaning to put you on my blog roll, but oh, time goes by and I'm always so busy.....will try to do it this week! Plus, we are now moving: you will see it on my blog....
    Hope to hear from you!
    oh,here's my story from last January: http://bit.ly/7a9JQl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun!!! So nice when an e-friend becomes a real life friend, too!

    ReplyDelete