Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Amanda Burdge, nashville interior decorator -Vacation blues

My vacation bliss has quickly turned into the vacation blues. Today was the day to roll out of bed and come back to reality. BOO!! I had to wake up and face the day knowing full well that by this afternoon I would have to become a full functioning, responsible, and sober adult. Humph!

The lake at 6:30 this morning

The good news is we had time to make one last run into the thrift store and I found two more treasures, this stool:
And this beautiful chair:


Both in excellent condition, I was surprised to find that the stool not only had the original vinyl on it, but also has the original price tag from Sears Robuck & Company on the bottom! That is ALMOST enough to lift my spirits to make the trek home. BOO!


One last look at the dock before I go. BOO! Over the past week this dock held the boat that carried me out to the oblivion of no responsibilities, liabilities or culpabilities. An ice chest over flowing with booze, sandwiches and various other snacks, and a bag full of potato chips, licorice, and cookies. Laying out in the sun (with 50SPF) like lazy bums, drinking and eating sandwiches. Ahhhhhhhhhh.....

We loaded up the car to head to the airport (BOO!). Heres Dad with the most worthless...I mean most precious poochie on the planet, Mrs Willow.


We headed to Branson Airport, just built and opened in May of 2009. Yay! It is privately owned and funded and has to be the cutest darn airport I have ever flown out of. If you have kids, or just want a good old fashioned family vacation, go to Branson. It has water parks, lakes, shows, and entertainment galore for young and old. And the best part? Branson is known for being easy on the pocket book, so they strive to have the cheapest airfare around!
This is the ticket counter. They have six kiosks to check in, and thats it. Whew! It's so busy hope I can get my ticket in time.
Heres the daunting security line, sure hope I have time to make my flight, with this crowd.


Heres grandma and grandpa. They came along for the ride. These two cuties have been married for 64 years! My grandpa is the sweetest man I know, and my grandma is the light in his life. He does everything for grandma. And chivalry is not dead. Grandpa carried my bag up to the ticket counter because a lady shouldn't have to...awwwww. I told grandma and grandpa to pose for the camera so I could blog about them. Of course they had no idea what slog was. Must be something us kids do on the lake.
After I hugged everyone good bye I headed through the dreaded security line, and made it to the gargantuan terminal:
Yup thats all of it. The terminal at Branson Airport

They called out the flight, number 44 for Nashville now boarding, and I dragged my feet to the door. I handed the gal my ticket and walked outside to the plane to prepare my journey back to physical existence. BOO!
I had SO much fun on the lake boating, hangin with the parentals and their friends, and shopping at the thrift store. I can't wait to go back! Maybe in a few weeks? Im bruised, sunburned and sore, I MUST have had a good time!! 

14 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great time. I can't believe you found even more stuff at that thrift store. Of course, I love the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was hilarious. love the "slogs" and your genuine worry about getting to the plane on time. :) when i first read the title of your post, i thought it was going to be something really awful like the furniture fell out of the truck and got ruined--now THAT would give (even me) the blues! glad you had a fab time and are back!

    btw--i forgot to tell you that i was miraculously healed. now i'm fine like it never hurt before. funny how that happens . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need a vacation from your vacation, Amanda?! I always used to feel that way when we went to Disney or some place with the kids; I was exhausted by the time we got home. It sounds like you had an enjoyable and relaxing time, and I'm sure your family was thrilled to spend the time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Amanda! It sounds like you had a lovely break. Coming back to reality is always hard! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The biggest problem with a vacation is that it ends.

    Stop by the blog tomorrow as there will be a new little cowgoat to lift your spirits...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's my kind of vacation and my kind of airport. We go to the lake every summer with my parents, it's great ! Glad you had FUN !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great finds at the thrift store!! Are you going to re-upholster them?? If so, do you have fabrics in mind?? Those are such great pieces! I just wish I could find something like those at my local goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, that looks like so much fun! I really loved reading your post, totally felt like I was really there, now you've got me all curious about that area! Glad you had a ball with your family, that's awesome! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a great time! I wish our airport was that "busy", haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos of the bustling Branson airport cracked me up. Nice to hear that you had a super time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is so darn cute! By the way, I can actually relate to your grandparents! The first time I ever heard of a blog, I was at a big meeting, and I thought the speaker said "bog". Um, embarrassing! HA! Oh, and I just black lacquered a chair like the one you found in the thrift shop, and then I "made it art" by covering it with some fabulous fabric. The client loved it!!! I will try to snap a picture and send it to you. Can't wait to see all of your finished products!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh - your grandparents are adorable!!! What a fun post. I also get sad at the end of a vacation. When I went to HI 3 years ago (our last real vacation) I actually cried before we drove to the airport! I did NOT want to leave. :(
    Can't wait to see your furniture finds once you get your hands on them. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your grandparents! Mrs. Willow! Just about died over each and every line here, awww, ending such a fun trip is such a downer! Looks like you had the best time...that cute new (old) little bench will be the best reminder...that and this slog post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your grandparents! Mrs. Willow! Just about died over each and every line here, awww, ending such a fun trip is such a downer! Looks like you had the best time...that cute new (old) little bench will be the best reminder...that and this slog post!
    decorator

    ReplyDelete