Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mecca for furniture buyers!

Me and Tobi Fairley at the withit breakfast
Tobi and some adoring fans


Me and Annie Selke at the Vanguard showroom


Mary Knackstedt during her educational seminar fro designers


Karim Rashid. THE best product designer out there. He designs everything from cell phones, vacuums, trash cans and furniture. Most likely, you have used a product, or own a product designed by this man!


I have returned from the glorious and infamous HIGHPOINT furniture market. It was larger than life. I could not believe how amazing it was. But most importantly I couldn't believe how many people were at HIGHPOINT!

I wandered around aimlessly trying to find my way out of the airport in my rental car on the first day. After four failed attempts and a wasted hour, I began to get frustrated. Holy Mary and Joseph bring me closer to Jesus! Finally after an hour and a half I found the holy grail, CHIPOTLE. After I consumed my yummy and delicious burrito bowl I decided to head to HIGHPOINT. I got on my shuttle to head downtown. Unsure of what I was about to see I grabbed my seat in anticipation. The shuttle driver pulled out of the depot and headed down the road. He made a left and then a right. We started driving down a residential neighborhood. The beautiful old oak tree branches slapping the bus windows. All of a sudden we made another left and the furniture mecca opened up! I couldn't believe my eyes. Furniture showrooms everywhere! Sparkly, shiny, calling out to me.

I went to several seminars and so many incredible showroom's. with celebrity designers promoting their lines everywhere. Here are a few pics of the many great people I met!

6 comments:

  1. Amanda, I am so bummed that I missed it! Next year for sure I'm there!! I want to be part of the anybody that's anybody crowd :)
    Thanks for sharing, I hope you'll be posting more!!
    x
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun. You look wonderful in red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a great time, got to see some fantastic things and some fantastic people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, I'm so sorry we didn't bump into each other there. WOuld have loved to have met you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1st of all you look adorable, and second of all congrats on the experience of meeting him, hmm gotta hear abt his work, will for sure look out in the future, have fun :)


    take care and keep writing.............

    ReplyDelete
  6. oral print dress and Christian Louboutin pumps. The model stood for photos, waving at fans and giving the thumbs up. She was then handed her elegant looking fragrance to pose with.Heidi is married to English soul singer Seal;christian louboutin UK sale and the couple are well known for renewing their vows once a year. They have four children. Heidi also hosts and produces Project Runway.. Los Angeles, California - 30.11.201

    or help. She has been so Gu me, I cannot come out." She looks like a drowning man struggling to get rid of a tangled mess of aquatic plants.We two people had to be at a loss what to do to bring her home. She was very cooperative, a road was compliant with us, but we who have no way to stop her, she kept saying, tone is very smooth, no big ups and downs. But the voice everfount. On the train, get o

    hat clothes are not, nor understands makeup. ButChristian Louboutin Galaxy I just thought, face a little color are not, stage lights down will not look good. The bar on the bar has a did not know who the lipstick. Very old, dirty, a bit dry. What can not be said to color. I secretly it painted. But I was too hard, I do not know how, put the lipstick broke. I felt very confused, quickly took the broken part quietly back, sc

    ly the shoes were left. These #7 pair of ruby slippers are said to be in mint condition since they were used for "pretty" shots in the movie, such as the one above.This is expected to be the last pair Christian Louboutin Peep-toesthat will go up for auction and is expected to sell for $2-3 million. Interestingly enough, I wonder who the recipient will be. One of my guesses is Oprah Winfrey. "For a quarter of a century, O

    ReplyDelete